Whenever I think of tuna, I think of the really bad smell. And then I think of this quote from The Office!
Jim: “I ate a tuna sandwich, on my first day. So, Andy started calling me Big Tuna. …I don’t think any of them actually know my real name.”
Oh goodness I love Jim. And just like Jim I’m starting to enjoy tuna too.
I have spent the majority of my life despising tuna. But let’s get real here, I also spent the majority of my life hating oatmeal and peanut butter. It’s safe to say the taste buds change!
After a morning of sleeping in, a zumba class and cleaning up around my house I found myself staring into a fridge of random ingredients. So I turned to my last resort; a can of tuna.
And I turned that little, smelly can of fish into a fairly decent Italian tuna salad!
It’s so easy friends. Just do the following in a medium bowl:
- drain a can of tuna
- chop tomatoes (I used the little sunshine yellow ones!)
- chop cucumbers (I used the most adorable mini ones)
- chop sun-dried tomatoes (mine were packed in olive oil and that helped the salad come together)
- throw in a handful of shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- add lemon juice, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil to taste
Depending on how many veggies you add and how big your can of tuna is, this salad makes anywhere from one big serving to two small servings.
I ate my tuna with a sliced apple on the side 😀 I really liked it and I hope you do too!
Today should be a fun day full of tennis, graduation parties and CAKE! See y’all later 😀