Its dessert and breakfast? Dang, Fire up the ovens!
These cookies are loaded with sweetness and goodness. They’re sweet from the butterscotch chips, brown sugar, and raisins (if you prefer) and good with whole wheat flour.
They don’t flatten out like your usual chocolate chip cookies…nope, these cookies basically stay in the shape that you scoop them! They look like little brown snowballs actually.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 honey bunches of oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into butter mixture before adding next. Beat in vanilla extract with last egg. Mix in flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in rolled oats, cereal, chips and raisins (if using) ; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until light and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack. Store in airtight container.